It may be imperative to evaluate your personal insurance program now that 2022 is approaching. Before buying insurance, most consumers don't take the time to consider their exposures, options, or present financial situation. It's critical to take stock of your own finances in order to plan for the future. Here are some ideas to get you thinking about your personal insurance. Of course, we always advise that you contact our office for additional information.
• Make Sure That You Are Dealing With A Licensed Insurance Agent - Insurance companies and agents are both required to be licensed by the state, and their information may be found online at the state's insurance department. Most state insurance departments have resources online to aid you in choosing the correct insurance and ensuring that the person or organization you're dealing with is an expert in that field.
• Examine Your Automobile Limits – If your policy limits are less than $100,000, you won't be able to cover your medical expenditures in the event of a major accident. Anyone with any assets or income to protect should get minimum liability coverage of $500,000 to $1 million or more.
• Look for Discounts - Many insurance firms offer a 10% or higher discount to customers who have other insurance contracts with them (such as auto or RV insurance). Consider getting an insurance quote from the same company that provides your homes insurance for other forms of insurance. You might be able to save money by bundling.
• Recognize The Risks And Coverage You Require - Every property is unique and comes with its own set of risks. The type of insurance required will also be determined by whether the property is utilized as a primary residence, a long-term or short-term rental, or a condominium. In general, homeowner's insurance is intended to protect against dangers beyond the owner's control, such as rain, wind, fire, vandalism, pipe bursts, falling objects, theft caused by broken glass, and so on.
• Keep a Home Inventory — Keeping an accurate inventory of your personal belongings will help you recover faster in the event of a loss.
• Bundle Your Insurance - Save money by combining your vehicle, house, and umbrella policies with one insurer.
• Choose the Right Deductible - A greater deductible lowers your premium, but you'll be responsible for more out-of-pocket expenses in the event of an accident. If you have a clean driving record and no accidents, you might choose to take a chance and pay a higher premium. The benefit for taking this risk might be as much as a 40% discount.
• Consider Identity Theft — One of the fastest-growing crimes in the United States is identity theft.
• Read Your Policy - I'm not referring to the 1-2 page Declarations Page that serves solely to demonstrate coverage, but rather the 20-30 page insurance Binder or Policy that provides the specifics of the coverage and exclusions. Nobody enjoys reading insurance policies, so don't be surprised if you don't comprehend them.
• Purchase from a financially stable business — Your insurance coverage is only as good as the firm that backs it up. The insurance firm should be rated "A+" or better.
• Be willing to make changes as your lifestyle and requirements evolve.
Bridgeway Insurance Services is independently owned and locally operated in San Jose Ca. We are here to serve all your insurance needs. We believe that local insurance agencies can best serve your insurance needs. As your independent insurance agency, we will assist you in finding just the right combination of coverage, price and service. We handle both personal and commercial lines of business providing personalized service to each of our clients.
With over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry Leon Shum the agency owner is ready to help you find the right coverage for your home or business.
Bridgeway Insurance Services offer a network of carefully selected insurance companies which includes some of the largest national carriers in the industry.
Bridgeway Insurance Services is passionate about providing customized insurance solutions to our clients. Nothing we do is “standard”. We understand each client is unique and deserves solutions that meet their needs.