There are many ways to select a insurance agent. Some may use the bidding method, where they call many agents and have them “bid” their business insurance. The problem with this is you really don’t know if you are getting equal products. It is almost impossible to compare products “apple to apple.” The low bid may have limited, or no, coverage in areas in which you need coverage. The best way to select insurance is to find a qualified and experienced agent who knows and understands your industry. Then, allow that agency to go into the market on your behalf to find you the best possible price and coverage.
How to select an agent?
A qualified agent should help you identify your risks and help you understand what you should insure. Then the agent should design a coverage plan, and go to the market to negotiate the best possible combination of coverage, pricing, and service. Here are a few questions for you to consider using when selecting your agent.
- “If I had a claim, how would you help me?”
- “How many years of experience do you have? And your staff?”
- “When I call the agency with a question, who would I be speaking with?”
- “May I have three references?”
- “What ratings do the insurers have that you might use?”
- “What systems do you have to help manage your business?”
- “How do you define customer service?”
- “What is your policy for returning phone calls?”
- “How long do you usually keep a client?”
- “What makes you skilled at what you do?”
- “Do you have any industry awards?”
- “Will I have to ask for my renewal to be processed?”
Bridgeway Insurance Services is independently owned and locally operated in San Jose Ca. We are here to serve all your insurance needs. We believe that local insurance agencies can best serve your insurance needs. As your independent insurance agency, we will assist you in finding just the right combination of coverage, price and service. We handle both personal and commercial lines of business providing personalized service to each of our clients.
With over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry Leon Shum the agency owner is ready to help you find the right coverage for your home or business.
Bridgeway Insurance Services offer a network of carefully selected insurance companies which includes some of the largest national carriers in the industry.
Bridgeway Insurance Services is passionate about providing customized insurance solutions to our clients. Nothing we do is “standard”. We understand each client is unique and deserves solutions that meet their needs.