TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2020
Get The Right Homeowner’s And Auto Insurance
Many people often call our office with serious problems with their homeowner’s, auto or renter’s insurance. These problems often involve an accident or loss that was not covered, which could have been covered if our agency was involved. Selecting your personal insurance can be one of the most important financial decisions you make. Personal insurance is there to protect your home, family and assets from loss.
Here Are Common Ways People Mess Up Their Insurance
- They buy insurance online thinking that all insurance policies and companies are the same. Online policies require you to select the coverage. Recently, a woman bought her auto insurance online but did not click the collision box. She was in an accident and her car had $6,000 of uninsured damage. We work with our clients to help them understand coverage, and purchase the coverage that they really need.
- You sold your car to a relative, but still carry the insurance. This is a really bad idea. Often people have good intentions, but by doing this you put yourself at risk. Also, in most cases the sale may invalidate the insurance.
- A family member takes a job with Uber. Unfortunately, your auto insurance will not provide any insurance if you use your personal vehicle as a cab, commercial delivery or “for a fee” service.
- You rent, but do not have any renter’s insurance. Even if you rent, you still may have $10,000 or more in personal property, (TV, computers, cloths, guns, etc). Renter’s insurance can protect your personal property, for very little premium.
- You do not pay premiums on time. People often think that insurance is like a utility bill and payments can be late. If payment is late, the insurance company has the right to cancel coverage.
- People buy expensive jewelry buy don’t tell the agent. If you just bought your wife a new ring, and the value is over $2,000, you will need to add it to your policy. There are limitations for jewelry, so call our office for more information.
- You started a home business. Running a home business is not automatically covered under your personal insurance. You will need to make changes to your policy.
- If you have a change of marital status you will need to make changes to your insurance. If a loss occurs after a divorce, insurance payments can take much longer to figure out.
- Don’t use your auto policy for every little scratch and dent. It will only drive up your premiums.
With over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry Leon Shum the agency owner is ready to help you find the right coverage for your home or business. Bridgeway Insurance Services offer a network of carefully selected insurance companies which includes some of the largest national carriers in the industry. Bridgeway Insurance Services is passionate about providing customized insurance solutions to our clients. Nothing we do is “standard”. We understand each client is unique and deserves solutions that meet their needs.
Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)
All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.