Your homeowners insurance covers many different kinds of risks including vandalism caused by trick-or-treaters. Now may be a good time to have a free home insurance review.
In the next few days, we will be watching children scramble from house to house in search of the elusive Halloween treat. However, keeping our kids safe as they are active on Halloween night is always a concern. A little pre-planning can prevent unfortunate accidents that could turn out to be tragic. Remember, your homeowner’s insurance will cover you in most cases should someone trip and fall on your premises.
Here are some pointers for ensuring your house is a safe place for trick-or-treaters on Oct. 31.
- Consider providing healthy treats for trick-or-treaters such as low-calorie treats and drinks. For your guests, offer a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Be sure walking areas and stairs are well-lit and free of obstacles that could cause someone to fall.
- Keep candle-lit jack o'lanterns and luminaries away from doorsteps, walkways, landings, and curtains. Place them on sturdy tables, keep them out of the reach of pets and small children, and never leave them unattended.
- Remind drivers to watch out for trick-or-treaters and to drive safely.
Safety Tips for Kids
- Never, ever, go into a house.
- Costumes should be short enough to prevent children from tripping and falling.
- An adult or an older responsible child should always accompany young children. Even older children should go trick-or-treating with an adult, or in a group. Never go out alone.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on.
- Plan costumes that are bright and reflective.
- Do not eat homemade food.
- Examine all candy. If it has been opened, toss it out.
- Use a flashlight.
Our dedicated staff of insurance professionals is here to assist you in securing a life insurance policy to protect you and your loved ones for years to come. With a vast knowledge of our many carriers, we are equipped to shop for the best policy to suit your needs. Our job is to help you navigate through the sea of policy options and clarify any questions or concerns you may have along the way.
We’ve successfully served hundreds of customers, determined to treat each individual with respect and compassion. Shopping for insurance can be difficult, but our staff does the work for you. Maintain your peace of mind knowing that our insurance professionals have your back.
Contact us today to secure the protection for your family’s future.
Sources: http://www.nsc.org/, https://www.aap.org, https://www.cdc.gov