Homeowner’s Insurance Countdown
There are many factors that go into determining your homeowner’s insurance premiums. We thought it might be fun to address our “top ten list” of things every homeowner should know before purchasing insurance. Remember, as your agent we can help you identify the best possible combination of coverage, price and service.
· You are a statistic. To an insurer, you are a set of risks. An insurer bases its premium (or its decision to insure you at all) on your "risk factors" including your occupation, who you are, what you own, and where you live. To us, you are a person and we value our relationship with you.
· Know your home's value. Before you buy a policy, it is important to know your home's replacement cost.
· Insurers differ. As with anything else you buy, what seems to be the same product can be priced differently by different companies. You can save money by comparison shopping.
· Don't just look at price. A low price is no bargain if you don’t have the right coverage.
· Go beyond the basics. A basic homeowner’s policy may not promise to entirely replace your home.
· Look for discounts. Insurers provide discounts to reward behavior that reduces risk.
· Be sure that you have the proper documentation if you have a claim. Your idea of fair compensation may not match that of your insurer. Your insurer's job is to restore you financially. Your job is to prove your losses so you get what you need.
· Know your policy. Keep your policy updated, and reread it before you file a claim so there are no surprises.
· Check your deductibles. It may benefit you to increase your deductible, especially if you have a good claims experience.
· Your policy excludes Quake and Flood. Check with us and we will provide you with a quote.
Many homeowners have experienced premium increases. Our agency works very hard to bring our clients the best possible combination of premiums, coverage and service.
What Can We Do To Help?
We are an independent agency. This allows us to search the market for the best possible combination of premiums, coverage and service. We compare insurance company’s rates and use the competitive market to your advantage. Here are some ways to save on your premiums:
Buying home insurance should be an important part of your financial planning. It is important to consider many different things in order to obtain the best possible combination of coverage, price, and service.
Insurance companies use many different factors when reviewing your risk. It is important to understand some of these as you make your personal insurance decisions.
Bridgeway Insurance Services is passionate about providing customized insurance solutions to our clients. Nothing we do is “standard”. We understand each client is unique and deserves solutions that meet their needs.