The holiday season is filled with fun, parties, food, gifts, overeating, and, unfortunately, some risk. One of the fasted growing risks for many people is stolen packages by porch pirates. According to proopertycasualtiy360, over 26 million packages are stolen during the holiday season. Need more bad news?
Your homeowners or renter’s insurance generally may not cover this loss as it tends to be under your deductible. There could be covered if you have personal property off-premises insurance..
Call our office for a review of your homeowner’s insurance, as each policy is unique to your circumstances.
Things To Do
• Delivery confirmation is a good way to prove the package was delivered.
• Thieves will follow delivery trucks, waiting for the perfect target.
• These thieves commonly strike during working hours as many homes are empty at that time.
• You can insure your packages.
• Consider having a person there when the delivery is scheduled.
• Install a security camera.
What To Do If A Package Is Stolen
• Track your package. Check the delivery confirmation and tracking number.
• Make sure a neighbor did not pick it up for you.
• Contact the seller. Different retailers have different policies and processes for handling stolen items, but usually, you are entitled to a refund or a replacement item.
• File a claim with the shipping company.
• Check your Credit Cards for Purchase Protection.
Call our office for a review of your homeowner’s insurance, as each policy is unique to your circumstances. We are happy to help you through your claim and help you determine the best course of action.
Bridgeway Insurance Services is independently owned and locally operated in San Jose Ca. We are here to serve all your insurance needs. We believe that local insurance agencies can best serve your insurance needs. As your independent insurance agency, we will assist you in finding just the right combination of coverage, price and service. We handle both personal and commercial lines of business providing personalized service to each of our clients.
With over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry Leon Shum the agency owner is ready to help you find the right coverage for your home or business.
Bridgeway Insurance Services offer a network of carefully selected insurance companies which includes some of the largest national carriers in the industry.
Bridgeway Insurance Services is passionate about providing customized insurance solutions to our clients. Nothing we do is “standard”. We understand each client is unique and deserves solutions that meet their needs.