Summer is here and that means it is time to get out on the water. We hope that you and your family have a great time. But remember, your watercraft needs to be insured, and we can provide a full range of watercraft insurance products for you. Your boat will need insurance for watercraft liability, damage to the hull, and personal property.
Types of Watercraft We Can Insure
· Fishing boats
· Motor boats
· Personal watercraft
· Jet boats
· Jet ski’s
Watercraft insurance policies can cover damage to your boat, motor, trailer, and personal effects in the boat. Available coverage includes liability, medical payments, coverage for injury to a water skier, and damage to the boat itself, sometimes called hull coverage. Availability varies by state and by insurance company. Even though boat insurance premiums are low, shopping your rate can sometimes save a substantial amount.
Here are some things to think about before you take your watercraft out:
· Follow all safety rules. According to the U.S. Coast Guard, 75% of reported water fatalities in 2019 happened on boats where the driver had not received boating safety training.
· Be aware of weather conditions.
· Have operable boat lights. Always test boat lights before the boat leaves the dock and carry extra batteries.
· Follow speed laws around houseboats and docks.
· Know your boat's capacity and how to properly load it. An overloaded or improperly loaded boat can cause safety problems.
· Have a working marine radio on board at all times and know how to use it.
· Ventilate after fueling. Open the hatches, run the blower, and check for fuel fumes before starting the engine.
· Infants and young children are at a higher risk for hypothermia, so if you are taking a baby on a boat, just take a few extra precautions to keep your baby warm.
Boat or Marine insurance is available for small boats, yachts, high performance powerboats, live-aboard houseboats, catamarans, and pontoons. Marine insurance will cover intended use including personal recreation, commercial, or charter vessels.
Bridgeway Insurance Services is independently owned and locally operated in San Jose Ca. We are here to serve all your insurance needs. We believe that local insurance agencies can best serve your insurance needs. As your independent insurance agency, we will assist you in finding just the right combination of coverage, price and service. We handle both personal and commercial lines of business providing personalized service to each of our clients.
With over 20 years of experience in the insurance industry Leon Shum the agency owner is ready to help you find the right coverage for your home or business.
Bridgeway Insurance Services offer a network of carefully selected insurance companies which includes some of the largest national carriers in the industry.
Bridgeway Insurance Services is passionate about providing customized insurance solutions to our clients. Nothing we do is “standard”. We understand each client is unique and deserves solutions that meet their needs.
Call us today, and have a great time on the water!